Tremont Pocket Watches
In 1862, Aaron L. Dennison left the Waltham Watch Company and in 1864 he helped found the Tremont Watch Company. Dennison imported balance wheels and escapement parts from Switzerland and had the watch assembled at the factory in Boston. In 1866, in a squabble with the board of directors, Dennison resigned from the Tremont Watch Company. That same year the name was changed to the Melrose Watch Company after the factory was moved to Melrose Massachusetts. Total production was about 5,000 all keywind.
Return to OLDWATCH.COM. Home Page